Usb dvd player, no image; Vero 4k

My setup is: Vero4K, updated to the December release; dvd-player connected to usb-port, a beamer connected through HDMI to project the movie I want to play on a screen.

I have been able to play dvd’s in this way, without problem.
This is the first time I try to play one since the upgrade to the December release.

Logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/pakufudici

When I start play of the dvd the intro (announcing that it is a BBC DVD) is played, with sound. Once the intro has ended the screen goes black, the sound keeps playing.

Whenever I use the remote to switch back to the OSMC-menu the beamer reports that OSMC is switching to another resolution and playing of the DVD seems to stop momentarily. (This switching also happens when I am playing youtube, and switch from the movie to the OSMC menu.)

The DVD I have tried to play has these properties on its casing ASPECT RATIO 4:3, MAIN SOUND TRACK: MONO, ENGLISH; DISC FORMAT DVD9, FEATURE LENGTH: 157 mins*, REGION: 2 + 4 PAL UK, SUBTITLES: English for the hard of hearing.

I also tried another DVD**. I am afraid I can’t find all the properties, but 93 mins, DVD 9, 16/9 anamorphic, Dolby 5.1, Dolby 2.0; This DVD won’t play at all. Not even sound. It simply does not start.

• Shakespeare, the Merchant of Venice :wink:
    ** Pianomania

Any advice on what I may be doing wrong?
Is there any more information I can provide?

Edit: perhaps I should add that when I wanted to play the dvd first time since the december update, the Vero 4k did not show the menu item “play disc”. Only after rebooting several times that menu item was shown.