USB Support

So, I want to buy the SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive 3.0 up to 245 MB/s for movies as well as storing my work on it. (I’m upgrading from a SanDisk Ultra 16 GB to this so I don’t have to store and keep documents on multiple drives, it’s a massive waste of time to keep adding movies and work to a slow USB, especially when it’s more than 5 GB.)

My question is that would the Raspberry Pi 2 B handle the SanDisk 64 GB USB?

The speeds are certainly high on that, read being 197 MB/S and write being 188 MB/S with a 3.0 port of course(Userbenchmark.com stats)

I just want to make sure that the Pi won’t crash and damage the USB and my work with it.

PS: After using the SanDisk Ultra Fit 16 GB with the Pi, I can happily say that there weren’t any problems with that drive. (Again, moving and waiting for files isn’t something that I have the time for.)

Thanks!:smiling_face:

Raspberry’s support up to 32 gig SD class (10)

OP’s question pertains to an additional thumb drive for use as storage… Not the uSD system card…

Shouldn’t be an issue but, as with all data considered important, appropriate measures to backup your data will always be recommended.

Thanks for the help guys!