Use Raspberry DVB Tv Hat with osmc tvheadend

Hello, I’m trying to use the Raspberry DVB Tv Hat with osmc.
It’s a Tuner: Sony CDX2880 #0 : DVB-T #0 adapter but inside the tvheadend configuration, the adapters folder is empty and the software doesn’t recognize it.
Any suggestions to make it works?
Thanks a lot.

Maybe @sam_nazarko can confirm if support is already in staging.

tahnk you for the reply.
So actually it is not already supported by osmc and we should only wait for the next osmc release?

Once it’s in ‘staging’ you will be able to access it, so it may happen quite soon.

It will be supported in the next update

1 Like

thank you very much

It should be ready in a couple of days.

1 Like

Hello, is there a way to manually install the Sony cxd2880 firmware ? Couldn’t wait for next update and want to test the new Pi TV HAT…thx

As Sam said

Hi

This should now be ready.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Sam

Ok thank you!
I’ll try tomorrow and I’ll give you a feedback soon.

I tried the procedure but I still have the empty folder of devices in Tvheadend…

@sam_nazarko, should I reinstall Tvheadend again too?

Please enable debug logging, re-boot and post the logs.

Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC

This is the URL of my uploded log, but it seems to be almost empty…

https://paste.osmc.tv/etudulipud

did you do that from MyOSMC? Try grab-logs -A.

It should work now. Please try updating again.

Ok it works well now. I used it for a while this evening and I have no errors to report.

Hello, got the firmware installed and the Sony CXD2880 adapter shows up in Tvheadend.
Had to manualy edit 8 Muxes and change DVB-T to DVB-T2 and after force scan i got 32 services for Hamburg/Germany. Recording is working good, only the Rpi3B+ is a little to slow to decode h265 well and heats up to 75°C after an hour watching and gives a warning sign. So the reciever is good and works with OSMC, but for playback I probably need a Pi4!
Thanks for the support!!