Using alsaequalizer in osmc with USB DAC

Hi there,

while configuring and planning a New project, i am looking forward to use a USB DAC for 5.1 playback. While this is quite easy in osmc now (great thanks for that!), i wonder if it is possible to use an Equalizer like alsaequalizer, since the USB DAC is listed as alsa card.

Has anybody tried this yet? I would like to try out a Software solution instead of building a Hardware controlled audio controller again.

Thanks for any answer,
Siggi

If you want to pass through the bitstreM to your receiver (undecoded dts or dd) you cannot use any equalizer or volume control as the aufiostream is not processed in any way.
You need to decode the signal, process it and pass it to the receiver as pcm. Not sure if a pi is even able to handle that.

Hi there,
I dont Plan to passthrough something to a receiver, I am using a usb soundcard for analogue 5.1 Output, which works like a charm right now. Since i Plan to use a custom Class-D amplifier, I wonder if i need to realize a Hardware Sound control (as i already did) or if it is possible to use alsaequal instead.

Greetings,
Siggi

This might be interesting for you.