Using mhancoc7 video streams on osmc

On the current osmc setup 2021.08-1 (Kodi 19.0.1 Matrix), I am unable to install mhancoc7’s collections of freely available video streams (like “Free Live TV”), because of not having Python 2.20.0. Anyone else come up against this problem, or is this somehow due to my personal settings?

Hi,

Sorry but you need to contact the addon developer. As they need to update their addons to work with matrix, matrix requires python3.

Regards Tom.

Apparently you didn’t read the linked github ticket I already have open?

Well:

Do you have the latest version of Free Live TV? as asked in the ticket?
Also did you updated all Kodi Addons?
If all of the above doesn’t solve the problem upload debug enabled logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Yes, I have all the add-ons installed to the latest version. I admit I assumed you realized the question “do you have the latest version [of “Free Live TV”]” is slightly strange as this is about not being able to install it. Kodi/osmc is attempting to install version 0.7.0 from the repository, which I believe is the latest available.

Here is an uploaded debug log where I attempt to install “Free Live TV” from the mhancoc7 repository, as requested.

This however hasn’t been answered: has anyone using the latest OSMC attempted to install any of mhancoc7’s addons, have you ended with the same issue?