Using other videoplayer

Hi!
my first message here, using Vero 4K+ two weeks ago…

it is possible to use other videoplayer (VLC, MX…) different than the default one ?

I have arrived to the Playercorefactory.xml but don´t work

thnks

No, but more important why would you want to do that?

Because i don´t like it very much in subtitles management, video settings and fast forward or rewind way …

Well that is Kodi which is the “MC” in OSMC. So unfortunately there is no change possible.

Kodi supports alternate media players on every platform…that’s the whole point of playercorefactory.xml.

It’s trickier with OSMC because you need a media player that supports the hardware and doesn’t require a running window environment for the output display.

And that would e.g. change the “subtitles management”?

I don’t use it, personally, but one of the biggest features of the DSPlayer/MadVR combo on Windows is the better handling of subtitles. This is mostly because there are many different add-ons (filters) for MadVR that handle subtitles, so that you can find the one that suits your needs.

I suspect that with even if there are only 3 or 4 non-Kodi media players available for Linux, there would be at least one with better subtitle features than the built-in players. As an example, I know that mpv supports two subtitle streams at the same time.

I think I spoke with Sam about madvr once and he said it can’t run in kodi at this point in time… Maybe kodi 19 will change that.

MadVR needs DirectX. I don’t think you’ll see it on Vero any time soon.