Various issues vero 4k+

Have had this for a few weeks now and performance and stability remain a constant issue.
Problems include:

No files will play despite being there on locally attaches storage and being able to browse folder structure under file manager - a reboot sorts this.

Box hard locks for no apparent reason when idle meaning I have to pull the plug.

Files stuttering and freezing the whole GUI when playing.

I did expect to do some DIY when buying this device but not the extent to where more times than not it being non-functional. Is it likely that KODI or OSMC updates are likely to sort these issues or at least ameliorate them?

Ta

Well you shouldn’t have any of these issues, so let’s try to fix them.

1. Is your "locally attached storage comes with its own power supply or are you using a powered USB hub?

2. To identify your other issues I suggest you enable debug logging and upload logs via MyOSMC after you encounter the problem next time (more details below)

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

2 x HDDs are powered one is not. They are attached via a USB hub which doesn’t require power.

I have tried using logs to identify the issues but they are too large in size and thus throw an error when I go to upload - this was explained to me in a previous post.

Also, if I have debugging activated, this means I have the constant overlay on screen which means the device is not really in a usable state. I will use ‘top’ and see if I can identify any culprits.

I have been advised not to use NTFS and once I have enough space to shuffle media around, I will reformat.

Ok, suggest just to do two reboots and upload logs maybe when can already see something from that logs.

You can disable the OSD while keeping logging active. Need to go via command line and add the following to .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml the line <loglevel>1</loglevel>

1 Like

Thanks - log here:- paste.osmc.tv/igobipufiy

Well not an expert on the topic (maybe @sam_nazarko can comment) but I would assume that using the raspbian repository on the Vero is not recommended.

Other than that a quick scan didn’t show anything unusual while I might suggest that you give your drives/partitions a proper label so that they are mounted in clearer folders

/dev/sdc1 2.8T 1.9T 875G 69% /media/Seagate Expansion Drive /dev/sdb1 2.8T 1.9T 850G 70% /media/Seagate Expansion Drive_ /dev/sda1 1.9T 1.5T 397G 79% /media/New Volume

That’s likely to cause some crashes.
I would recommend a reinstall

Hi,

I don’t know how that happened - unless I did inadvertently. Do you mean a complete reinstall?

That’s what I’d do – you’ve also installed the wheezy (two Debian versions old) repository; so that will lead to issues as well.