Various issues with vero 4k+: no HDR, deep colour, frame packed 3D & CEC

Yes – I’m aware of a small, but still suggests a wider problem, issue that needs fixing re. EDID parsing in 4.9.

There’s also a disp_cap_3d which you might need to copy over.

If the EDID isn’t being parsed properly, CEC is probably broken as well.

Can you show some photos of the colour issues as best as you can so we can try and get a better understanding. This might help me answer some more of your questions

Cheers

Sam

Ok cool, let me know if there is anything you want me to test if you have a potential fix

Thanks! I also bumped into that over here, will try it out:

Sure thing, I can try to make some pictures. Would be good to have a file I could use that you are familiar with. Anything with a face in a dark setting will do I think. I will also try to see if I can get 1080p and 4k versions of the same shot to compare.

If it fails with my phone i could try with my SLR on manual mode and auto iris off, but won’t have time to set that up anywhere soon.

During weekdays very busy with work and kids, but will post here if I have an update.

Thx!

I had this as well on my Epson 5050. I found out it’s related to an old version of a (popular software tool) I had used when I processed my blu’s to mkv long ago. I’m sure you can figure out what tool without me saying it. I know it sounds crazy but you might check that. If you have any newer mkv try those. I had to redo all my old 3d blu’s with a much newer version of that software and they all work now. There’s a certain version where they fixed some mvc processing, think it was around version 1.10.

Oh, I also had a lot of mvc files I needed to set the video stereo mode to = 13 with mkv tool as older versions of that software mentioned above also didn’t tag the headers with that info. And of course rename all my files to be compliant with how kodi wants to see them (.3d.).

1 Like

Thanks, I will double check that as well!