VC-1 playback improvements

Awesome, thanks!

Nice work Sam. I’ve only had a quick check but my vc1 remuxes seem to be working fine now.

Jurassic Park playing fine now. Thanks for fixing this!

The Dark Knight (2008), German Blu-ray MKV rip has buffering issues. Forward Buffer shrinking until the movie stops temporarily.

Mediainfo output for the file would be useful.

Try changing advancedsettings.
Should be fixed in next update – at least we’ll have more sane defaults :slight_smile:

Sam

Seems to be OK with a remux of a VC1 Bluray.

I did more testing, and every VC-1 movie (all are MakeMKV muxes with no re-encoding) that I have plays perfect with the hotfix. I didn’t have time to actually watch all of them (it’s about 15) all the way, but at least the first 5 minutes.

Thank you for the fix @sam_nazarko!

When i disable the adjust refresh rate it plays fine before the hotfix and is unwatchable when i enable refresh rate to start/stop

After the hotfix i enabled refresh rate again to Start/stop and it works very well.

I can confirm, this fix solve the problem with vc-1 codec files.

Thanks

Did two tests with a selfmade Blu-ray remux (2001: A Space Odyssey, German VC-1 release), too.

Without the fix there’s massive stutter. With the fix it’s working all fine. Great work! Another bug that’s fixed and gone now :champagne::clinking_glasses::tada::confetti_ball:

Ok, just wanted to make sure that the Dark Knight buffering problem is probably unrelated to the VC-1 fix.
Will wait for the November release and report back if the better cache default settings in that don’t fix the Dark Knight buffering i’m currently seeing for me.

It may not be. The VC-1 improvements are only improvements. It’s not a concrete fix.

For a proper fix we need the bitparser.

Worth trying another VC1 title if you can

Sam

Hi, when will this be included in an update. Completely new to Kodi so not confident in applying any hotfixes, codes yet.

Just got mine and have the same issues as everyone else, stuttering, slow motion skips etc.

Edit scrap that dead easy to apply the hotfixes. Seems to have worked so far.

It will be included in a few days

1 Like

Hi just played a mkv DTS-HD Master audio VC-1 movie last night and had problems audio and video the progress bar kept flashing on as the sound dropped off disconnected HDD and played the full movie on my old popcorn hour A300 with no problems this an old mkv had no problems with any other movies.I understood there had been a fix apart from this i am very happy with the vero 4k just had it a few weeks so have only played a few movies.

Did you try applying the fix? It will be included in the next update.

It’s important to know whether you experienced this problem before or after applying the fix.

Sam

Hi Sam was not aware of the hot fix just applied it and the movie is now now playing ok thanks for your help

1 Like

Glad to hear

Sam