VERO 2 audio S/PDIF 3,5 mm

Hi all again!

With the latest update, I get analog audio out of the jack, but at the moment I only get sound out of the left channel.

• My speakers setup is correct, since I can hear stereo if I plug my phone.
  • I’ve tried with different videos and music in my Vero 2, and all of them only have left sound.

Let me know if I can be of help to debug.

Does it help if you pull the plug out slightly ? The jack is designed for a 4 pole plug which also includes composite video, so if you use a standard 3 pole plug it may not sit quite right. Or try using a 4 pole plug (camcorder AV cable with 3 RCA plugs) and just leave the composite plug disconnected.

The device can output 576p/480p via that port, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a 3.5mm jack doesn’t work perfectly

Sam

Hi Sam, DBMandrake,
Thanks, it does work leaving the 3.5mm jack around 1mm out. Not very stable but it will do until we get the optical output (hopefully soon) :slight_smile:
I’ll try some other cables I have around.
Have a nice weekend!

Hi Sam, when the s/pdif functionality works, how/where will this be published? I bought 2 of these and one was specifically bought for a friend to get DTS support on his Surround Receiver directly from the device as his TV does not do passthrough for DTS and his amp does not have audio over HDMI. So I am waiting to get this to work :slight_smile:.

Hi OSMC Team,

I have got a Vero 2 and now have SPDIF for all audio going to my Sony Sound System and it is working perfectly. normal stereo, AC3 DTS and Dolby Digital. I would like to disable sound to HDMI if possible, Will there be an option to disable sound to HDMI if you choose sound going to SPDIF?

cheers,

wayne

I will see what can be done

Sam

Which Update included this functionality? Last time I checked it wasn’t working yet :wink:

Awesome thanks Sam you are wonderful.

Just to double check before ordering a Vero 2, can you confirm that the S/PDIF optical passthrough is already working?

SPDIF has been working for some time

It is a 3.5mm port, but there are adapters to covert this to an optical adapter

Sam

So SPDIF is already working on the Vero2 3.5mm port? I was under the impression it wasn’t.
Good to hear anyway, I can now tell my friend to start using his Vero2 then!

Is this adapter going to work if connecting to the SPDIF RCA connector on the amplifier?

It has been working since late February.

I am not sure about that adapter, if you can get one locally that you can return if necessary, that would be ideal

Sam

Can’t wait to try a 5.1 film :slight_smile:

To double check, that’s the cable I’d need, right?

I was under the impression that the 3.5mm port on the Vero 2 was purely electrical, and not optical. If so, this cable will not work.

Can someone from the Vero/OSMC team please clarify this?

Mmmmmh, I didn’t even know there existed a digital connection through coaxial cable… Thankfully my AV receiver also supports it.

It would indeed be helpful to have the clear specifications of the compatible cable, and maybe even have it in the store?
@daniel242, please let us know if this adapter works for you (plus an rca - rca cable I guess)

It’s coax.

If it was optical, you’d see a red light.

By adapter I meant a small converter. I don’t think a cable on its own will work.

I guess these are what we would need:

But then I see one has three poles in the jack, the other four, and the one @daniel242 posted two… So complicated!

Hi Sam

Any news on SPDIF and when it will work on OSMC? Can’t get this to work.

Hi

SPDIF passthrough has been working on Vero 2 since early March. If you are experiencing problems, you should check your system is up to date and you have configured audio output correctly.

Cheers

Sam