Vero 2 crash or freezes when idle

Hi,

Lately my Vero 2 has been freezing when idle. I attached a photo but this will happen sometimes if I stop the video, turn the display off, and then when I come back a few hours later to turn the display back on this is what I find.

The Vero 2 won’t respond to input from the remote control or through an SSH connection. I recently initiated an updated from the OSMC menu but this problem was happening before then.

How do I start to troubleshoot this? My solution so far has been to:

1. unplug the Vero 2
  2. count to fifteen
  3. plug it back in

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

First, thanks for explaining how to submit a useful request for assistance.

Now, I’ve done:

1. enabled logging
  2. reboot, twice
  3. reproduced the issue (stopped the media and left it idle)
  4. uploaded the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/iyumudumuq

The issue again, was one of two things:

• the device would not respond after being idle for some time, i.e. overnight; and so I would have to reboot. But then sometimes …
  • the device would display the text during shutdown/reboot that I shared in my previous post

Is the device hot to touch when this happens?

Sam

No. Not excessively hot.