Vero 2 - Initial Feedback

I would not recommend the use of any such addon from the fusion repo. There is no telling what it might be doing to your system and discussion of such addons (due to their source) is not really allowed on here.

If you want a “fresh start” with Kodi, all you need to do is completely delete the .kodi folder which you can do like so:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
rm -rf /home/osmc/.kodi/
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Note that this will erase your library (although not the media files themselves) and any skins/addons you have installed or any custom settings.

So, received my Vero 2 today. And like others said, great performance (coming from Pi1)
Though there is a couple of strange issues for me.

1. There seems to be a lot of buffering, and quite a bit choppy playback when skipping through video (h264, 1080p). I didn’t have that at all on the Pi.

2. The audio doesn’t always seem to sync with the video (also when skipping through video) I didn’t have that on the Pi either.

The issue is only with playback as the UI in general is mindblowingly fast and way beyond what I’m used to.

This brings me to a couple questions about the settings:

1. In Settings - Video - Acceleration, the render method is locked to ‘Auto detect’. I believe there was a few different options on Pi. Is it supposed to be this way and aren’t supposed to be any options?

This seems strange to me, as this is supposed to be MUCH more powerful hardware, right?

Please start a forum post with some logs. The Vero 2 features Jarvis, which is a new version of Kodi, so there may be some regressions there.

I need a sample video or MediaInfo on that file. Then I’m sure we can investigate. You can PM me any sample video if it helps.

Excellent to hear – things should get a bit faster in the next update as well.

Don’t worry – early days. We’ll have a few teething issues but most things mopped up soon.

Things have been abstracted away in this regard. The Video on Pi can go through two different video players. On the Vero 2 everything goes through ‘dvdplayer’ (similar to MMAL), but with AMCodec as the DVDVideoCodec. You don’t need to adjust anything here.

Cheers,

Sam

Got mine a few days ago and it had to sit there because of real life getting in the way! :slightly_smiling:

Very good responsive GUI (I use the default Kodi skin though), most of the setup was a breeze.

I had problems because of the very short power cord because of where I have my power outlets but managed to get around this,

Why do the Audio features have so many less choices than before ? Vero2 is hooked via HDMI to my Yamaha bar which supports quite a lot of multichannel streams.

I’d also love to dim or turn off the blue front LED.

Good job. Thanks !