Vero 2 Please stand by loop

OK, I’ve re-imaged and I’m back to the standard home screen. At what point should the SD card be removed? Previously I’ve been doing it now via file manager and the ‘safely remove’ option. Is that correct?

I’ve also got an SSH session running. Should I grab any logs now? I assume they won’t be any use unless the system hangs again?

:frowning: tried sudo reboot and got exactly the same result. System shuts down, bright blue LED lights up and nothing else happens.
Blank screen, can’t get an SSH session, device not showing as attached to my router. Completely dead.

Something seems very wrong. Other than the recovery.img SD card and holding the reset button, is there any way to do a more complete factory reset?

re-imaged and reset for the 5th time. Left the unit using the default OSMC skin this time as I usually use confluence and thought that might be the issue but no luck. Exact same result. Re-image works, removed the SD card, navigate around and everything is fine. Reboot the system and we’re back to square one and looking at a totally dead brick. No way to retrieve any logs or do further investigation.

It looks strongly like this unit will not boot from it’s internal memory, only from the SD card.

Any idea how quick the turn around on a replacement unit is? I really wanted this setup before Xmas.

Contact sales@osmc.tv and we can work on a replacement

OSMC isn’t configured to boot from SD card on Vero 2, so your device is booting from internal memory. Without a log via SSH though or looking at the device, it’s hard to speculate what the issue may be.

Thanks Sam. I’ll drop them a mail.

When I said boots from the SD card, I meant when I’m re-imaging. Once I remove the SD card and try to reboot the device nothing happens.

If this is the case you would never see the OSMC Home screen and tutorial, i.e. language selection? Otherwise, if you do, the device is successfully booting from internal storage. However, I’m not sure why you have an issue when rebooting.

Ok thanks, I see what you’re saying now. I’ll sort out a replacement and hope it sorts the issue.

Thanks again for trying to help.

It will. You shouldn’t have all this trouble to get set up.

Assuming the remote and power supply and other cables are good, you can keep hold of them. Just drop me a line at sam@osmc.tv and we can sort out an RMA.

Sam

I received the device and I’ve been testing it for a little while.

I installed a fresh version of OSMC and can reliably reboot without issue, but I can see from diagnostics that the NAND is the problem.

I’ll send a replacement today.

HI Sam,

finally got the new Vero2 today, had a few issues with the post office delivery! Everything appears to be working great. I’ve got a small issue with a CEC error but I’ll start a new thread for that. Thanks for getting the replacement sorted.

You’re welcome.

Kindly let me know if there’s anything we can improve with the delivery. It’s probably just a little bit chaotic this time of year.

Let me know when you have some info re CEC. We might have a regression with the most recent update.

Sam

Nothing at your end, just an overloaded postal service I think. :slight_smile:

Re the CEC, I’m getting a ‘couldn’t initialise the cec adaptor’ message on startup. I’ve got the same tv, remote and even hdmi cable connected as I had with the previous vero1 so I don’t think it’s my hardware.
At first my Samsung remote didn’t work at all but I went in to ‘Settings - MyOsmc - remotes’ and selected it and it started to work but I’m still getting the ‘couldn’t initialise’ message on the home screen and the device is not appearing in my Samsung Anynet list of devices.

Okay.

If CEC has worked on this display before I am sure it can work again

I’m currently traveling, but will get back to you about this in a week or so. It looks like there are some problems with Samsung TVs currently.

Of course, if I forget, just ping me