Vero 2 stuck at "please stand by." after update

We need to know what version you loaded on the SD. If you install
2016.06-2 (from osmc.tv), you should be up to date already. You will see
the OSMC version in the bottom left of My OSMC.

I was using 2016.05-18. Will try 2016.06-2 now and see what happens.

Hi, I’ve started experiencing the same issue listed here today. Have tried a new image on an sd card but still failing to boot. Any suggestions?

Does the installer ever run?

The please wait image appears and then straight into Looking for root file system device /dev/vero-nand/root message.

You need to reinstall OSMC for it to work.

You can read further info here: Reinstalling OSMC - Vero (late 2015) - OSMC. See the troubleshooting section for forcing the installer to run.

Will give that ago. Thanks for the help.

Hi, that worked but when I needed to reboot to install latest update it failed again with same issue.

Have you tried with the latest Christmas update from Download - OSMC?

If the issue persists you may need to return it for repair, but there are some further steps we could go through first.

Sorry for late reply. Will reinstall with latest update and see if that fixes it. Will let you know.

I have been having this same exact issue for several months. I keep reinstalling OSMC but it seems to fail to recognize the root dev after each update. Reinstalling and disabling updates works around the issue.

1 Like

Tried to install Kodi 17 and it’s failing to find root file system again. January update was fine. Havibg difficulty initialising a reinstall by pressing in button side of hdmi port. Very frustrating.

Same issue here