Vero 4 & 5 - Black screen after blue boot logo

Hi,
my Vero 4 suddenly gave me just a black screen after the blue boot screen.
I was still able to ssh into it though.
Thinking that this may be hardware related, I bought a Vero 5. That one worked
fine until I let it run an update, after which it also stopped booting into the Amber skin.

I was able to re-install OSMC on both Veros, but had to disable updates, or the problem would pop back up on them.

Didn’t really see the exact problem posted here, which is strange.
I’m currently running 2024.02-1 on the V4, and 2023.08-1 on the V5.

Didn’t get log files, since the GUIs on both had stopped working.
I’m not doing anything fancy on either Vero, so I’m surprised that this hasn’t been reported before.

I would update both devices to the latest version. If you can post a log via SSH then we should be able to work out what’s up and solve it promptly

Sam

Thanks for the quick reply, Sam.
I’ll do that. What’s the path for log files?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Ignore the bit about debugging or using the UI. You just need to run the grab-logs -A command with TV on and connected

Got it, thanks!

Maybe also run grab-logs -A before the update and share the URL as that might also help to understand the difference.

1 Like

I had that too for a couple of times. Then I switched the cable and everything’s ok since then. So maybe it’s just an HDMI cable issue?

Hi,
That’s something I’ll try next time this pops up.
I did plug in both V4 & 5 in a different location and with a different HDMI cable, and still had the same black screen when booting up.

I re-installed both with the latest OS and haven’t seen that issue since. Very strange. Could be the power in that location starting to cause issues. I’ll post the log if it happens again.