Vero 4K - A few issues (new customer)

The Vero remote is RF and not IR. The topic here is that the OP wanted to use a IR remote instead of the Vero remote.

I think @anbodearg may be using the old white remote.

Sam

That’s why I think my IR extender is defective.
I tried from the top, the sides, nothing as soon as I am a few feet away.

Sorry for confusing the issue.
I disconnected the IR extender, and got the same results.

If it works fine in short range, but not at all when further than 1 meter, then I think it’s worth trying with another IR extender.

Yes, that’s what I think. But I don’t have another one.

@sam_nazarko: Could you send me a second extender to check whether the IR extender or the Vero 4K has a problem?

We don’t usually keep spare extenders, but I’m happy to see if we have one around. Can you let me know your order number?

Can you also try a different remote if possible?

I would also try black tape or physically blocking the internal receiver; as the two are not meant to be used together.

Sam

The Order is 16061.

Sadly I don’t own any other supported remote, but as the remote works fine with my NUC and rather find with the internal receiver, I don’t think that the problem is on the remote side.

I put the Vero behind the closet (to block the blue light) when testing the extender so the internal receiver should not have received anything.

We will get you another one out.

The reason I ask is that if the internal receiver receives any signal, it will cancel other outputs to avoid duplicate presses.

Sam

OK, I will test again later just to be sure.

Thanks!

Oh, I just plugged the extender back in (was using the RF remote the last few weeks) and tried again.
Suddenly it works (even from further away). Not sure what I did wrong the first time or maybe the Vero did receive something from the internal receiver, as my lowboard doesn’t have any back wall. It may have been hanging in a bad angle.
I have recently taped the front of the vero with a black masking tape, so the internal receiver cannot receive anything anymore :slight_smile:

Sorry for all that fuss!

Looks like you will have a spare receiver in a couple of days then.

Glad it’s working now.