Vero 4k + - All my Atmos Demos are broken after the October update

The framerate switching issue we’re aware of and looking into.

I’ve temporarily reverted the ffmpeg version to see if this alleviates the situation.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Hi Sam, applied the update and have done some testing, looks like the issue is still there though not as bad as before.

Here’s the log if it may be helpful - https://paste.osmc.tv/dojopiyabi

Played three different videos from the Dolby Atmos test disc:

1. 1080p, Atmos (TrueHD) M2TS video - Plays but Vero tries to “match” the video resolution/refresh rate about 2 seconds into playback resulting in a brief blank screen.
  2. 2160p, Atmos (TrueHD) M2TS video - Tried playing, video output remains blank, audio outputs fine.
  3. 2160p, Atmos (TrueHD) M2TS video - Vero started playback in 1080p, video resolution/refresh rate matched about 2 seconds into playback resulting in a brief blank screen.

Hi Sam!
Do also some tests but without luck! Picture freeze, stutterings and no sound! The Helicopter demo is completely unplayable!

Do you need logs?

Regards!
Mike

Hi There, I’m also having the same issues since the October update.
I’m using Dolby TrueHD Atmos demo files and I’m experiencing what was described above.
I also have the HDMI which is briefly losing connection then reconnects.
Everything was working well with the same setup as before the update.
Netflix (Which I know is using Dolby DD+ with Atmos) is working well.
I confirm Helicopter Demo is not working as expected.
MKV container seem working OK with TrueHD Atmos while M2TS files are are not.

Regards

I can confirm m2ts issue, I checked out my March 2018 Atmos raw m2ts demo files that I pulled straight off the disc and they are wacky.

We have found the commit that causes this in 18.4

We are now looking in to why this behaviour is occurring.

1 Like

Thank you for all your hard work!

1 Like

Any update on this?

I have the same issue. The video file plays, and after a few seconds the screen goes blank. A few seconds later it plays again.

Everything was perfect before the update.

My Vero took an automatic update and this was the first thing I checked after the update and the m2ts files are still all choppy in the first few seconds.
Thankfully this is only impacting m2ts files and not MKVs, never the less, looking forward to a fix for sure.

We are still working on a solution

I have not noticed these issues.

I have been having similar issues with hdmi disconnects, and audio drop outs with atmos files only when adjust frame rate is enabled.

Any news on this? I have two Vero 4k’s and won’t update the second one until this is fixed. Fortunately I noticed the issue before I’d updated both devices.

It will be fixed in a few days (likely end of next week)

Sam

2 Likes

Was this fixed Sam and due for release in the December update?

It will be fixed and in staging today.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Updated and tested with a few UHD Dolby Atmos and DTS:X M2TS files without any issues so far.

Thank you for working on the fix. :+1:

1 Like

Same here, problem is gone - thanks again for your excellent support!