Vero 4K+ and AV Receiver video issue

Thanks Tom!

The audio is working fine. Actually, I can hear the audio playing before the receiver “goes blank” (no image and sound) and only shows the Kodi’s UI again after I turn the receiver off and then on again.

Yep. That’s how it’s setup on the TV and it works fine when the Vero 4K+ is connected directly. I only had to adjust the screen calibration once in Kodi and it worked fine since then.

However, if I make the video signal go through the receiver, this calibration seems to get lost. Meaning that I calibrate Kodi’s screen again, but after playing a movie that calibration gets lost. I don’t know how the receiver is impacting Kodi’s calibration.

Today I replaced the HDMI cables with new ones rated for 4K/UHD/18GBPS. The whole shabang. Still no go.

I then played one of the disks I ripped in the BD player and it played without issues. Again, it’s a 1080p standard BluRay disk. No 4K, HDR, etc.

So, whatever is happening, it is something in the Vero 4K+'s video signal that the receiver cannot decode, even through the TV can go is without any issues.

I tested this again by checking one of the ripped disks that did not play through the receiver but played without issues when I reconnected the Vero 4K+ directly to the TV again.

I also tested again playing 1080- videos downloaded from YouTube and from Netflix. The 1080p from YouTube played. The 1080p downloaded from Netflix did not.

So, in a nutshell:
Vero 4K+ > TV : no issues
Vero 4K+ > receiver > TV : some videos in 1080p do not play.

I wonder if there’s anything I can check in the videos’ encoding that could be causing the confusion in the receiver but not the TV?

Thanks again!