Vero 4k+ Blank Screen

Hi

Yesterday Vero 4k+ was working fine, today there is only a black screen.
When I powercycle it, it power-ups just fine… starts to load the theme and then goes blank.

I would appreciate some help :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance and cheers

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thank you for fast reply.

The problem is that I can’t get into enable debugging, since the screen is going to screen intermediately after showing a theme splash screen when power-cycled.

See if you can get to the terminal and just upload regular logs using a grab-logs -A command. Instructions on how you can do this can be found in the following page…

When I have did a numerous power cycling to get into Vero over SSH all of the sudden it started to work.
Then I have disconnected it from the power (wall socket) to clean up the wiring mess and after connecting to power again it showed the same symptoms.
When going blank also SSH doesn’t work.
Tried again to unplug (wall socket) and pluged in for a 2 or 3 times and the Vero is back working.
Now I won’t touch anything. :slight_smile:

I am suspecting that the PSU might be the failing.

Since I do not want to touch anything for now (this is the main media unit in house ;)) I just need the info what kind PSU I need to get as a spare one to test? That is the voltage, current and polarity?

Thank you

Short answer: 5V, 2A center positive, 5.5mm OD; 2.1mm ID

See Vero 4K Power adapter specifications - #8 by sam_nazarko

@darwindesign you are a true gem, THANK YOU :slight_smile:

Possibly already today I will get the Vero4k+ spare bundle (with PSU) for test from a friend of mine.
Will report the findings.

Cheers

1 Like

@darwindesign I need to thank you for you effort. :hearts:

The culprit was indeed the PSU, which seems that was not original, since it was rated 0.5A.
I had to mixed the PSU’s I have used the last time I have rewired everything behind the closet and it had to, for some lucky or unlucky reason, started just fine.
The day I started to have a problem it seem that there was short electrical outage which lead to the “problems just waiting to happen”.

Replaced the PSU with 5V, 3A and now for the last 14 days everything is smooth.

Thank you again and cheers

1 Like