Vero 4K+ can't play discs

Are there any suggested workarounds? I can get dvds to mount, but it’s not really practical having to ssh into the Vero each time. Are you aware of any config changes I might be able to make to automate it?

If an older drive worked, then it could be something unique to this drive. Do you know which version of OSMC you were running with the older drive? That could help narrow things down a bit at least.

Hi Sam. I’m fairly certain I was using the older drive successfully with the August update, so the same version where I first tried the new drive.

OK, that’s good – and means we hopefully don’t have a regression.

From what I can tell, the kernel is recent enough and there aren’t any ‘special’ drivers needed for this drive.

This might solve your problem, but needs a bit of hand editing:

Sam

Hi Sam, that seems to have done it, thank you!

I’ve just tested with two dvds and both play fine, the drive takes ages to spin up initially, but I’m pretty certain that’s a hardware thing.

I still can’t get bluray playback to work, but at least have dvds now. Away for a few days, but will have a bit more of a play when I get back and keep an eye on it. As far as I can tell I have all the correct packages installed, and have the same KEYDB.cfg file that works on my Fedora desktop.

Thanks again for taking some time on a Sunday to help me out!

I’m glad to hear this.

Blu-ray should give some logs in Kodi to indicate what the exact problem is.