Vero 4K + CEC?

Hi All

Am i right in saying that if I set the CEC options to AVR/TV explicit and i use the included HDMI cable that if my AVR/TV are OFF, that pressing HOME on the 4K + Remote should wake up the TV/AVR?

If so, this is not occuring

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi,

Pressing Home shouldn’t wake your TV or AVR.

Sam

0 Likes

Hi Sam

What would wake the Vero on the Vero remote and allow the AVR/TV to switch on?

Ive tried another known working cable (works with the PS4)

Thanks

0 Likes

Set Active Source usually allows this; but we need to be careful not to hog / hjijack the display. There have been problems with this in the past.

For now – you should be able to turn on your AVR / TV with the remote.

Sam

0 Likes

You need to be a little more clear about what you are trying to achieve.

Are you powering down the Vero, or just turning off the TV?

0 Likes

He wants his TV and AVR to power on when he presses ok on Vero remote.

1 Like

What my PS4 does is when I press the controller button to play a game, it turns the AVR and TV on and changes input

Im assuming the Vero does the same?

ie when I press PLAY on the Vero remote or Home, it should power on the TV/AVR, no?

‘Set Active Source’ where is this?

When you say for now, you can turn on the AVR/TV with the remote??? whats that mean.

0 Likes

Settings-system-input-CEC controller

0 Likes

I see nothing about cec controller

0 Likes

Ok, select peripherals

0 Likes

Ok theres nothing under the sub menu cec adapter abour set active source

0 Likes

So nothing at all in that menu appears to relate to waking devices?!

0 Likes

@sam_nazarko You’ve got to remove this “set active source” line from your vocabulary. It doesn’t exist.

0 Likes

What is it called these days?

0 Likes

Nothing I could see, there was an option (not at home now) that i set to AVR, but it didnt make any difference.

0 Likes

So can anyone tell me if its meant to power on the devices?

0 Likes

I’ve tested this for you and could start TV and AVR by CEC if I let wake them when the mediacenter screensaver deactivates, for this I

1. configured the screensaver at settings->interface->screensaver (I used Dim and 1 minute)

2. configured CEC at settings->system->input->peripherals->CEC adapter, see picture attached

(Hint: The Connected to HDMI device menu item only is shown if you first reset this CEC config to Defaults; if this is not set correctly, it does not work, here)

1. restarted mediacenter/Vero4k and then disabled+enabled HDMI control/CEC on AVR and TV, so they can “learn” the situation

2. if the screensaver is active and TV and AVR are in standby, a single press to any button on the Vero4k remote control wakes up TV+AVR (at least in my environment)

Since the various CEC-“dialects” and proprietary implementations, you can only try whether this is from help with your environment.

2 Likes

CEC issues since xmas update

Thank you Jim, I will follow your instructions in the morning and see how I get on. I appreciate the detailed response!

0 Likes

Unfortunately it still doesnt work for me :frowning:

0 Likes