Vero 4k CPU temperatures high

Do you got a spot I can upload a gigabyte or two?

Our current upload limit is 512MB.

I thought you had issues with DSD audio and FLAC files; rather than videos?

Apologies if mistaken.

For me, the above mentioned patch in stretch-devel kinda worked.

• dhd_dpc does not consume cpu power (dhd_dpc is now rarely visible in “top”)
  • kodi.bin uses between 20 and 70% cpu (mainly ~65%) – is that normal?
  • temperature is at about 95°C – is that normal?

Depending on the skin you use and the screen you are on.
While playing videos that are HW accelerated you should not get more than 20-30% CPU Usage.
My Vero is at kodi.bin 14% CPU and 63c temp when using OSMC skin and on the home screen.

My mistake, I thought about the whole album size by mistake :slight_smile:
The DSD is 282MB and the multichannel flac is 378MB, you got an url where I can upload?

Update on the fix. Cpu usage still normal but now I have to reconnect my wifi everytime I reboot Vero. Not a big issue if the fix is coming on the next update but quite annoying.

Did you update again? There was a fix pulished on staging yesterday/

I did this update 2 days ago. But noticed the wifi problem yesterday. Haven’t updated since. Everything else seems to be fine.

Added staging repo again, updated and now after reboot I have Wifi. After the previous reboot for the high-cpu-fix I had to do a manual connect but never rebooted afterwards.

Yeah there was a need for the fix of the fix of the original patch :slight_smile:

Yeah, yesterday Sam published another update to fix the auto connect. Just go on staging once more. Or wait a couple of days and it will come with the regular update.

Didn’t bother to verify if the problem was persistent. I don’t reboot them for sports :slight_smile:

Ok thanks. I thought I had messed something but like I said other than wifi everthing works fine.

Ah, I just saw this with a vested interest! I noticed this too, but put it down to the heatwave the UK had been experiencing. Our Vero 4K actually crashed as the CPU temp was sky-high (as in 100+) and I actually worried that it could burst into flames! So much so, I ended up unplugging it for the night when we went to bed.

We haven’t had a crash since, but I have noticed that the CPU temps are unusually high so I’ll try the patch in the hope this resolves it too. I also prefer to install updates released normally, as opposed to hotfixes as I bought the Vero 4K to replace a Pi 3, where things were a lot more DIY.

I’m also reluctant to install the patch if it causes issues with WiFi - that’s how our Vero 4K is connected as it’s more convenient, yet works just fine streaming 4K content from my NAS.

The fix as available today will not give you any Wifi issues

Perfect, that’s great.

Is that a release update, or in staging as per Sam’s instructions?

Staging as per Sam’s instructions, release update will be another couple of days I guess

Cool, no problem.

Thanks!

With me running Madnox the CPU is always at 106%-ish.
She idles at 80°C. Although I’ve put the device upside down, that seemed to help a bit.

After the updates temps have been ok with the Osmc skin. But yesterday I tried Andromeda skin and I left it on the home screen with 2 widgets, the temps were 109c when it just idled there. Also it crashed 2 times giving the temperature control error. Not sure if this is related to same temp issue. Now using Osmc skin but would like to know if there is samekind of problem with Andromeda and Mimic skins?