Vero 4k crashes on initial setup

The device would have been tested quite extensively, so I’d be very surprised if something is wrong with it.

Please don’t use any unofficial PSUs on the device and wait until you receive the unit from us. If you still have a problem, then we can swap the unit out for you.

Sam

Still awaiting replacement.

Your replacement is currently in US customs.
Should be delivered by USPS shortly.

Sam

New power adapter arrived. Same issues.

Did you reinstall with the new adapter? The old filesystem is probably corrupted.

Make sure the PSU is directly in the wall
Can you show me a photo of the setup?

Sam

Here are two pictures of my my setup:

I have done a reinstallation after getting the new power adapter. Device still freezes randomly when scrolling through menus

Hi,

In this case, I’d suggest we arrange for a replacement.

I do apologise – a faulty device is extremely rare, but does have to happen to someone occasionally. When we get your device back I will look personally at it and see how we can improve things in the future.

Please contact support@osmc.tv with a link to this thread and it will be sorted out promptly. Your replacement will be sent with express shipping.

Sam

I contacted the email above. It’s funny, all the research I did pointed to this device being the Kodi platform that “just works”. Anyway, do you have a link where find out how the return and replacement process works?

Thanks, I’ll pick things up there.

Well yes, the device should just work.
There is a low failure rate – but statistically it must occur. When it does happen, someone will be unfortunately affected.

A failure isn’t a reflection on the device itself, and once you do receive a working unit I think you will be pleased.

We’ll take care of you :slight_smile:

Cheers

Sam