Vero 4k crashes on initial setup

Brand New Vero 4k crashes to a solid color screen during setup whenever I try to to enter password for WiFi network. I have attempted to reinstall OSMC with the same results. I Enabled logging and now the device crashes at the splash screen (50% of the time). When the device makes it to the main menu, I notice that memory is listed as 1703668/1831848

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Are you able please to connect to a wired network?

If so you should then be able to upload logs, so hopefully we can see whats going on.

Thanks Tom.

Was able to connect wired. Here is the logs
Https://paste.osmc.tv/zogenalobu

Hi,

I would try the following from the command line:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter 
mv /home/osmc/.kodi /home/osmc/kodi.bak
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/connman/wifi*
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Then try connecting to the wifi again.

Thanks Tom.

Tried to SSH the first time, did not work. Then found a USB keyboard to try it locally. Got the error can not move file due to directory not being empty error on the second line. Continued on and still got the same results, crash when trying to input wifi password

Hi,

Ok thats strange that it failed to move the folder.

You could try:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter 
cp /home/osmc/.kodi /home/osmc/kodi.bak
rm -rf /home/osmc/.kodi
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/connman/wifi*
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Enable debug logs, try connecting to wifi and then upload the new logs. Debug logs can then be disabled.

Thanks Tom.

I am now unable to get to the command line because the device continues to crash on startup, or before I can get to the menu to perform a soft reset

Ok, was able to get back to CMD line, entered the commands, and the device crashes while navigating to the debug logging menu

Hi,

from the commandline, could you please try:

cat /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste-log

and provide the link.

Thanks Tom.

Here is the link from My OSMC:
Https://paste.osmc.tv/cesugovenu

And here is one directly from the command line:
Https://paste.osmc.tv/yebutimije

Can you try to reinstall following these instructions?

Reinstall via USB completed, same results

Let @sam_nazarko check this thread. But I guess a replacement needs to be done.

Any chance the power adapter could be defective?

That always can be possible. First question would be if you have plugged it directly into the wall outlet instead of a power bar?
And if you have one with the same specs (watch out) than surely testing that before replacement would help.

What’s the order number?
The device would have been tested extensively before shipping. PSU is harder to test due to the international regions

I can get a replacement out for you primport

Sam

Order #17906
I’d like to point out that the device crashes when attempting things other than trying to turn off WiFi. Pretty much going into any menu. And yes, the device is plugged directly into the wall.

A new PSU has shipped

Went out and purchased a 5v 2amp power adapter. Device still crashes randomly when scrolling through menus. Especially any menu that a keyboard entry, such as entering a wifi password or searching for an add-on.