Vero 4K Crashes playing UHD MKV rip of Maze Runner Death Cure

Have you disabled “HDR autoswitch”?

Well first step could be trying another HDMI cable.
If that doesn’t help and you have HDR autoswitch disabled than you could comment out the rc.local command via sudo nano /etc/rc.local

hdmi cable is no the problem i try 2 different cable, plus i was just finish watching a movie before i apply the hotfix, i paste that command over SSH and nothing happen

thanks

and yes i did have Auto HDR Off

What do you mean with nothing happen? An editor should open with the content of the file!

i conect to osmc ssh from winscp and execute the sudo nano /etc/rc.local command and got this error

sorry i dont know much about linux

AFAIK winscp is for filetransfer and not a proper SSH client.
You could use putty

thanks i try wiht putty and after send the command i got to this screen, sorry but what should i do next just exit?

Put a ‘#’ infront of the echo line, safe/exit and reboot

is fix got my picture back, i want you to know i really appreciate that you take your time to help me out, thanks a lot man

btw this is the crash i got playing Maze Runner Death Cure

https://paste.osmc.tv/yavayewose

This suggests to me your display does not support 10-bit output.

far as i know my tv support 10-bit Sony 75 XBR-X940E

I have got to the point where I have put # in front of the echo line (with no space between the # and echo) but I do not understand how I save and exit. At the bottom of the elevated command prompt I am using, is ^X Exit. What actual button/combination of buttons do I press to execute that?

As you can see, my knowledge of how to do these sorts of things is very limted. Explain it as you would to a person who has never used a command prompt before.

Ctrl - x

I type that in?

No, It’s pressing CTRL key together with x key

Did that and it asked me if i wanted to save the modified buffer. I typed Y. Now, normally, I would type exit and press enter. But, with this, I need to check if that is the way or not.

You would need to reboot for the change to take effect.

Will do. So, I can just close the command prompt by X at top right?

Well if you type reboot and press ENTER you terminal will close automatically

I must have done something wrong as It did not work. After a reboot, 1080p x264 movies play as 30 bit (my Onkyo displays 8 bit as 24 bit & 10 bit as 30 bit, don’t know why). As I just use the Vero 4K to play movies off an attached USB drive and do not have any libraries or add-ons, I will reinstall OSMC. It is the quickest way for me and my wife is wanting the TV. lol. Thanks for your help fzinken.