Vero 4k Dead?

I have had my Vero 4K since 2017 and it has served me very well, but I sat down tonight to watch TV and noticed there was a flickering red light on the front which isn’t normal, which I switched to the Vero and I was not getting any video output.

Bit of research on here suggesting it could be a power supply issue but i checked it and it still has an output of 5.3v, unfortunately i don’t have the equipment to check it beyond its output.

i also read sometimes a re-installing can bring it back to life, which i tried but it doesn’t even recognise the USB stick i prepared using the installer, there is also no output or installation screen as suggested there should be.

Is there anything else i can try before consigning the vero to the bin?

Hi,

Try a different PSU or power via a USB A to A cable.

Thanks Tom.

Dont have a powered USB-A cable and dont have another suitable power supply.

From other threads i have read on here, i know there is a difference in what the red LED is doing but in my case the LED isnt flickering as i first thought, but is in actual fact solid and consistently so.

Flickering red light probably means the device isn’t getting enough power to boot.

Sam

1 Like

but its not flickering, i know i said initially i thought it was, but on closer inspection it is not flickering

Brainstorming what you can try:

• try to power the Vero just using a USB A male/male cable to verifiy it’s a PSU issue
  • buy a new appropriate PSU
  • re-install the Vero using an SD card
  • re-install the Vero using the SD card and the toothpick recovery method
  • if all the above was tried and the Vero cannot be installed even using a new PSU, you can send an email to support@osmc.tv with the order details so warranty can be checked and further help can be discussed using that communication channel
1 Like

Hi,

Have you any usb devices (drives, hubs), attached to the vero4k?

Thanks Tom.

Yes! This solved my problem (red light flashing, cannot boot)! :+1: I’ve used USB3 A-A cable (into white port on Vero4k) and now it’s OK! :slight_smile: So there was an problem with original power supply adapter into wall. Thank you for this information!

Nope, no device plugged into it.

As i suspected, i have since tried a new power supply and its still dead, so unless i have a second dead power supply its my Vero 4k that’s at fault and as it was bought in 2017, its very much not under warranty.