Vero 4K + Disabling of 3840x2160 possible?

Hello.

Since a few Days I have my 4K+. Great Device. But I have a small Problem with 4K Content. If I play a 4K Movie my TV is switching to 3840x2160 24p. But in this mode stutter can happen here and there. If I switch the Kodi GUI in the Settings to 4096x2160 24p the Movie runs smooth.

Is there a chance to tell Kodi to use 4096x2160 always instead of 3840x2160 if it comes to 4K Content?

The GUI should be set to 1080p.

GUI Settings->Player->Video

Set “Adjust Display Refresh Rate” to Start/Stop. Turn off “Sync Playback to Display”. The latter prevents audio pass-through modes in general.

Audio is already set this way.

It was 1080p before. But than is the problem that 4K Content is played with 3840p after autoswitch.

What version of Kodi are you on?

If the TV is switching to the wrong mode, then I’d suspect the file was incorrectly ripped. Logs would help show us what’s really happening.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thats not only on 1 rip. It happens on every rip.

I´m using latest Kodi 17.4

Here is the log:
https://paste.osmc.tv/apatorohup

The Rips are in 3840 thats correct. But my Samsung TV (GQ55Q6FNG) seems to have problems if 4K Content is played in 3840.

That’s not a full debug log. Please enable debug and post the logs again after trying to play one of the movies.

It would also help to see the mediainfo from one of the files.

It would be good if we could find out more about the file you are having issues playing. Please see the mediainfo section in How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC.

You can also create the mediainfo-output of the affected media file on the OSMC device:

1. login via SSH, user osmc, password osmc
  2. if not already installed: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install mediainfo
  3. cdto the directory containing the video/audio material in question
  4. since mediainfoonly needs to read the header information of the file data, copy the first 4 Mbytes of the media file to a new file:
    dd if="<media file>" of=purgeme.bin bs=1024 count=4096
  5. upload the decoded media information using
    mediainfo purgeme.bin|paste-log
  6. publish the returned URL here in this topic
  7. remove the created media file snippet
    rm purgeme.bin

Thx for your help.

Interesting post.

I was thinking of doing the opposite, and banning 4096x2120, which is an smpte mode. On Kodi v18, if dimensions are slightly off and whitelisting is on, this mode can get picked, and it seems problematic.

Please set the GUI to 1080p and upload some logs as @bmillham has suggested

Cheers

Sam