Vero 4k - does the Kodi SkyGo add-on work?

Hi all,

Does the Kodi SkyGo add-on work on the Vero 4k?

I can only find two references in the forum, both from January 2018, and both for the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks in advance,
RR

Hi RR,

No idea.

Do we need Sky to test it?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Yep, a Sky package subscription is required (my mum has one…)

Having investigated, the kodi add-on only seems to work with the sports channels, and requires New Zealand Sky accounts, so it’s looking like it’s a no go.

Cheers,
RR

Seems a bit odd.

I know the add-on was used in the past. I’d be surprised if it’s only available for the Kiwis.

Hopefully others can assist.

Sam

Cheers Sam,

I’m not as lucid as I could be right now!

Fingers crossed that this add-on can be made to work. It’d be a handy bonus to watch Sky content on the Vero.

All the best,

Take care,
RR

1 Like

I had a look at this a while back and I dont think its ever worked with UK content, I think it was working with German Sky at some point.
I think it’s something to do with Skys DRM or silverlight or something like that.

Its irritating as I have to use a PS4 to use Sky Go, which has the output locked at 60Hz, meaning the 25 fps Sky content looks pretty horrible.

Id bloody love a working SkyGo solution for Kodi.

Edit: Upon further inspection the New Zealand Sky TV company isn’t anything to do with the Sky we have in the UK and the rest of Europe, I thought there was something odd as their branding is completely different, from their wiki:

Despite the similarity of name and services, such as Sky Go and My Sky+ shared with its British equivalent, Sky, there is no connection between the companies.

Sky have always been notoriously aggressive with their DRM, so I wouldn’t expect there to be a solution anytime soon.

That’s a real shame.

Thanks for the detective work