Vero 4K+ drives wrong resolution to projector; setting grey'd out

It would be interesting to get a debug log when you are connected to the projector. There may be something about the way the EDID is parsed which we can correct.

This may be difficult if you don’t have internet in your clubhouse. If so, never mind.

Correct, I dont have internet access in our clubhouse, but at the moment, the equipment is here with me (has to go back tomorrow). But my problem is that I’m a videoguy, not a computer wizz kid, never thought I had to get to use the Vero Mediaplayer.
“SSH” is chinese for me, and I have to say I dont find a clear step-by-step instruction in the Support wiki (how to), and no user manual. I googled, found & installed PuTTy as a tool, but I dont manage to connect. I use the correct IP address the vero gets in my router and port 22 (correct?). But I get “connection refused”. I read somewhere “activate SSH in the settings”. Where? Could not find that.

No need for putty.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Do you have a phone signal in the clubhouse?
If you do you could turn on tethering on the phone and connect the Vero’s wifi to that.

It can all be done from the gui - all you need is a notebook and pen to write down the URL that comes up on screen.

hi everyone… thanks again for all your replies.

I have been silent here for some time, as I was out of town, but now I’m back. I updated the vero now to the October release, and did some more testing.

This is where I am now: the projector seems to drive the right resolution in the Vero4K+, but only if the HDMI port to which the Vero is connected is active/selected (meaning, being displayed on the screen). If any of the other inputs is selected (the 2nd HDMI port, component or other video ports, VGA port, etc), it seems unpredictable if the right Resolution is selected. Something it gives the right resolution, other times it reverts back to 720-60p. Could it be that the projector would not transmit it’s EDID data if the HDMI to which the Vero is connected is not selected?

I’ll now instruct our users to follow this strict procedure, and monitor if the right resolution is activated each time:

1. power on the central switch of the cupboard where all the equipment is placed (this will automatically power on the Vero as there is no power switch on the device)
  2. disconnect the power plug of the Vero
  3. start up the projector, activate HDMI 1 input
  4. reconnect power the Vero and let it boot
  5. check if the resolution is correctly set at 1920x1080 50p.

I’ll keep you posted…

That’s possible. But when Vero does lock on to a signal now, it should update its resolutions automatically as per this update.

Why would you want any more than this?

If the projector is set to HDMI2 when vero boots, when you set it to HDMI1, vero should now switch to the resolution you set the GUI to when you last used it. The lengthy procedure should not be necessary. If you still find it necessary, it would be better if you restart Kodi by using Power->Exit (in English - it’s the first option under Power) rather than pulling the plug on a vero which may still be booting.

1 Like