Vero 4k DTS 5.1 decoding

Hi,

There is probably many topics about that but I just couldn’t find the straight answer.

Is Vero 4k capable of decoding something like this:
Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 2h 41mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.70 GiB (19%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

If this is covered in some other thread please point me in the right direction

TIA

Why should it not decode? I already had looked DTS 6-Channel mkvs, without problems.

Yes – it can decode it just fine

Sam

Take a look here:

Under Performance & Features - HD Audio you can find this information.

There is only information about passthrough. I am talking about the “decoding” itself. I have a Vero 4k connected to pretty old TV only by HDMI cable. When I play the movie with the above stated audio track the only thing I can see is black screen. No sound, no video. The time is progressing so it is not frozen, just doesn’t display or play anything. When I switch the audio channel to, also included in the file, AC3 track, video appears and audio is fine.

I’ll paste full debug and mediainfo tomorrow then. Maybe there is something I am missing.

You configure your audio settings, and then it either gets decoded to PCM or passed through, depending on the media you are playing back and the capabilities of your receiver / TV.

My audio settings are default so AFAICR it all should be decoded to normal 2 channel PCM and transmitted to TV right?
I never had any audio issues before on OSMC runningon RPi2, so I guess the default settings are pretty OK.
I cannot test this particular file on RPi though because it is x265 10bit.

This was suppose to be a test of HEVC 10bit decoding capabilities of Vero 4k :slight_smile: it is failing on audio though :frowning:

As I wrote above, I’ll send more info tomorrow. From what I understand you posts, its probably just some configuration glitch. Or maybe the movie is corrupted somehow.

You have to configure the audio settings on Vero 4K.
It’s a different device, with different connectivity: namely an optical out; analogue and HDMI.

I assume you selected HDMI audio, if you didn’t, it’s probably on PCM (analogue) which may not work as expected.

Let me know how things are configured tomorrow and we’ll get it working as expected.

Cheers

Sam

It turned out that the file is somewhat broken, when I switched the audio track to DTS in the middle of the movie it is working. It seems that first few seconds are broken which causes issues in kodi with starting the movie properly.
There is not many properly done HEVC 10bit with DTS 5.1 out there, so I guess I was just unlucky with this one.

@sam_nazarko. I don’t hear any change with sound settings PCM vs HDMI. I guess I’ll stick with default PCM then.

Thanks for all tips and advices.