Vero 4K+ H.265 / 4K AAC5.1 file glitching

I go to play the file on my new Vero 4K+ and the file glitches and skips scenes and is not able to be played properly.

I am unsure why and would really love some help please! :ok_hand:t3::100:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Besides the logs I mentioned before.

How are you accessing the file (Network/NAS)? Have you tried playing from USB?

1 Like

Hi!

Here are the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/efidonujan

I am playing the file through my Western Digital 1TB HDD through the powered USB hub from OSMC.

The file is: House-of-the-Dragon-S01E07-2160p-10bit-HDR-DV-WEBRip-6CH-x265-HEVC-PSA
Source: House.of.the.Dragon.S01E07.Driftmark.2160p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.H.265-SMURF | 7.55 GB
Source: House.of.the.Dragon.S01E07.Driftmark.2160p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.H.265-SMURF | 7.55 GB

Subtitle: ENG (SDH)

The logs show that the hardware decoder has issues with the stream. Is this the only file you have issues with?

No, I have issues with some other files too. Most files play, but this one in particular starts to glitch and skip, even just on the opening credits.

What other information do you need?

Well if some files give you problems it could be that they have encodings issues.
You can try some sample files and if they work then you know your setup is working and the issues are the encodings.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

I know the file originally has DV encoded into it, but it works fine on some of the other files, just this and some other files halfway through… It’s odd. Not sure what I can do to get around it…

The file is corrupted / a bad rip.