Vero 4K H265 movies (8-bit encoded only?) - blacks show as grey, colours washed out (reduced colourspace)

Negligible if only debug logging is enabled.

Also negligible…

1 Like

Thanks @ActionA, much obliged

EDIT: just to confirm the logging level:

<advancedsettings>
        <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks for testing. So the problem isn’t what I thought it might be.

Hi Graham,

I have full debugging enabled now (Sam is investigating an issue with h265 freexing the vero).

If it happens again on YouTube playback, do you want the logs?

No, thank you. I just wondered when you said freezing maybe it was just loss of picture which we have found happens in some circumstances. It looks like your freezing issue is something else.

Hi @sam_nazarko, @grahamh,

I’ve had another instance of YouTube freezing. The only difference this time was that after the freeze of playback, the circle icon flickered between showing ‘0’ and ‘1’ several times before everything locked up.

Logs with debugging enabled can be found here:

[EDIT: removing link]

Thanks

Edit: the two non-standard elements of my vero4k setup, besides running the test kernel, are debian veracrypt, and the Vpn Manager kodi plugin.
Veracrypt wasn’t in use during this crash.
I’m running osmc with the vpn disabled from now on to see if it has an effect, but it was enabled in all previous instances as it’s on by default.

Can you try downgrading the kernel and noting if this still occurs? See revert instructions added by Graham here: [TESTING] Vero 4K / 4K + video improvements

Cheers

Sam

I’ll try this tomorrow Sam, no problem. Thanks

Hi,

Brief update. I’m still running the test kernel, but as noted two days ago, I’ve switched off the vpn. So far I’ve had no issues with YouTube at all (thought I’d go for the low hanging fruit rather than switching out the entire kernel).

I’ll post updates if/when I encounter anything,

Regards,
RR

1 Like

Hi @sam_nazarko,

I’ve had no more youtube issues since i stopped activating the vpn, so the issue isn’t evidently in the test kernel.

Is the fix for the colourspace in an officially available release yet (osmc keeps offering me an update)?

I noticed that brightness and contrast now work on the vero 4k, which is great to see - good work.

Cheers,
RR

It’s not part of an official release yet but should be in a couple of weeks

Thanks for testing

Sam

Cool, no hurry. Thanks