First of all, wanted to thank you for super-great OSMC software which is running on my media devices for my and other families. It’s really hassle free and well maintained. Thank you for your great work!
Now to the issue. Context:
- I have Vero 4K+, which was running happily on some old OSMC from 2019. There was no issues at all: 4K, HDR, rips for 80Gbs and all. Absolutely happy.
- Then I’ve decided to join effort in testing Moonlight for Vero 4K+ and for that needed to update OSMC to a higher version.
- Update went fine from CLI. The only exception was Kodi, which got higher major version, so I had really hard times to bring at least part of plugins I was using back to life. Not an issue of OSMC though.
- After update, I’ve started randomly receiving “sad smile” as well as framebuffer corruption (half screen is, let’s say blue color, which persists Kodi restart, or whole screen is green, till device restart, persists Kodi restart, etc.).
- Issue can occur while idle, at night, while playing videos, etc. I haven’t got pattern it occurs in. But now I can barely view a 2h movie without this kid of a bug.
- Issue started exactly after update. Means no issues at all before (device was constantly used, that couldn’t be missed) and permanent issues after. No hardware (power, network) or other conditions were changed. I haven’t event touched device during update - it was and is controlled over SSH.
- Besides this issue - device operates normally - there are no glitches or other unexpected behaviour when it works normally.
What have been tried:
- I was thinking that device is getting overheated, as issue seems to occur more frequently during video playback, however moving device to other location phisically didn’t change anything. CPU temp has dropped 85C → 67C on this move. 67C seems normal temperature to me under load. Device is warm on touch.
- Looked into kernel logs to find any clue on what could be wrong: everything seems normal. On kodi restart - it shows display initialization lines related to HDMI. Nothing inbetween those lines.
- Applied most recent update, the following after previous one, i.e. updated to 2023-01. However after booting into Kodi after 5-10 seconds I’ve got sad smile.
Not sure what else I can do from here as well as not sure if I’m alone with this kind of a problem - haven’t found similar topics.
Here are the logs from device:
I hope you can help me, because now using Vero 4K+ is a pain - I would prefer not to rollback to an older release due to a Moonlight testing.