Vero 4K+ irrecord Segmentation Fault

Hello,

I’m trying to set up an ir remote with my Vero 4K+ using irrecord, but I’m having no luck. With some searching, I’ve found the commands I think I need to use, and everything seems ok to begin with. But at the point when it asks me to hold down the first button on the remote, before I press anything, irrecord crashes with a segmentation fault.

Here is the output from my command line session:

Please let me know if there’s anything else I need to provide. Any help is appreciated.

What remote are you using?

Are you able to do the IR recording on another device?

Sam

It’s a Sony RM-ED059.

No, I don’t think so - at least, I can’t think of a way. I only have the one Vero device unfortunately. Otherwise, I have a couple raspberry pis, a Windows PC and a Linux server - I don’t think the ir extension cable can plug into any of those, can it?

If you had a TSOP you could do it on a Pi.

I’ll take a look at this soon. My guess is that there’s an ioctl issue which is causing this crash.

As a bit of a hack, you could install an older version (November 2020) of OSMC which has a 3.14 kernel and should work OK.

Thanks for the reply. I do have an infrared sensor that I got with an arduino kit a while back. I don’t know if it’s suitable or not. It looks like this one:

However the limited googling I’ve done makes it sound like quite an involved process for someone figuring it out almost from scratch - maybe when I’ve got a spare day!

Downgrading is probably similarly impractical, unless it’s possible to backup and restore my current system - since I’ve spent a bit of time setting it up, I don’t relish the thought of doing it again. Again, maybe if I get a spare day.

I think my best choice to to await a fix, while using a combination of my current remote and Yatse. Appreciate your time :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issue on Vero V and I found another thread on the forum saying the same thing.
Trying to create a config file for Marantz RC003PMCD which seems to be RC-5 remote since I did get meaningful codes with ir-keytable when set to listen for rc-5 codes.

Responded to your other post

Yeah, ignore my message here, I’ve bypassed my issue with advice from this similar thread: