Vero 4K KODI not passing (some) HDR metadata

Ok, it could use some cleanup, but it does work:

2 Likes

Thank you. Would you mind explaining how to run it? I still seem to get an error, whether putting the .py file in the folder with a movie, or in the root directory of my folders/files.

Mac-mini:Avengers Infinity War (2018) UHD htmac$ python ./mediareport.py                  
Color    BitDepth Range    Format Filename                                           Mast. Luminance                      MaxCLL       Mast. Color MaxFALL     
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mediareport.py", line 123, in <module>
    (exit_code, xml_data) = subprocess.getstatusoutput(command)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'getstatusoutput'
Mac-mini:Avengers Infinity War (2018) UHD htmac$

You are trying to run it using python2. Try python3 instead.

I donā€™t know how to on a Mac, but make mediareport.py executable, and you should be able to just

$ ./mediareport.py

I assume you can just do:

$ chmod +x mediareport.py

to make it executable.

Thank you. I installed Python3, made mediareport.py executable, and got thisā€¦

Mac-mini:Avengers Infinity War (2018) UHD htmac$ ./mediareport.py
Filename                                           Format BitDepth Range    Color    Mast. Color Mast. Luminance                      MaxFALL      MaxCLL      
Error while getting mediainfo of ./Avengers.Infinity.War.MKV
Mac-mini:Avengers Infinity War (2018) UHD htmac$

Do you have mediainfo installed?

Yessir I do. Version 18.08.1.

Can you try to manually run this then:

$ mediainfo --Output=XML Avengers.Infinity.War.MKV

I get a command not found.

-bash: mediainfo: command not found

Well, that tells me that you donā€™t have mediainfo installed.

lol I definitely do. I use it all the time!

If you run:

$ mediainfo

and get ā€˜Not Foundā€™ you donā€™t have it installed!

Sigh.

I donā€™t know what to tell you. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m on a Mac and you arenā€™t taking that into account? Iā€™ve used Mediainfo for YEARS.

And just how do you use it, if you canā€™t type:

$ mediainfo file.mkv

at a command prompt.

I have a GUI? I double click the GUI app and pick the file using the GUI. Maybe this is where weā€™re at odds.

Iā€™m guessing maybe thereā€™s a command-line versionā€¦

@mellon wrote the script that I modified, and he has a Mac and it worked, so I guess you need ot find out from him how to get mediainfo installed to run from a command line.

I got it. I had to install the CLI version, not just have the GUI version. Working like a charm. Thanks :slight_smile:

It runs fine on my machine. Nice improvements @bmillham ! Much more adaptable now. I didnā€™t bother to invest the time, because I intended to use the script only once.

@mellon, I originally was going to just make a few changes to get it working with XML, but as you noticed I kinda went overboard :wink: Thank you for the original script.

Has there been any progress in implementing max fall / cll data output?

1 Like

Not just yet.

Cheers

Sam