Vero 4K Kodi will not recognize or browse WD external drive connected via powered USB

I was able to do initial setup of my Vero 4K+ (OSMC setup and Kodi default Kodi skin as recommended) which I have connected my WD external HD with 4 TB of music to, via a powered USB hub as recommended, and HDMI from Vero to my Denon AVR. So although I can see the external drive on the default screen when I try to follow the Kodi on-line directions to add music to Kodi, I can play the music flac files by accessing the drive folders and subfolders, when I follow the directions to browse to find files to add to Kodi, it doesn’t recognize that the external WD drive attached to it?? I don’t need to add any other files from either of my laptops, but I do want to add and organize the 18,000+ music files with Kodi, and create playlists, and do all the things that Kodi will allow. I sent an email to OSMC with some screenshots and Sam responded himself by saying “Zeroconf or SMB would be the likely options to pick based on your configuration.” So, unfortunately, although I can usually follow most directions on my laptops, or my system setup, this instruction is over my head. I read what both of those are communication protocols to allow to allow sharing between devices, in this case I’m assuming between my Vero 4K+ and my WD flac files, or maybe more accurately between Kodi and my WD HD, especially USB’d to the Vero allows access to play the files, just not to let Kodi see the files on my WD drive in order to add them. I am assuming, since there is no other connection except between the HD and Vero, using either of those protocols would entail changing or editing settings in the Vero itself, or in settings in Kodi, neither of which I have any clue how to do. A more detailed description of what I need to do to add my files to Kodi would be greatly appreciated. Again, I have used the Kodi on-line help instructions as far as I can, but when I get to the screen that says to browse, Kodi does not see my HD, or even wither of my laptops that are all on the same network. I can send the screenshots I sent to Sam if that helps, just let me know. Thanks so much in advance!

The external hard drive gets mounted to /media/
So when you go to add the music files select root filesystem then media thenthe name of your hard drive.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like