Vero 4k+ no signal from the start

Hi guys,
Today I’ve received Vero 4k+ box, so I hooked it with HDMI cable from the package right into my LG C8 OLED. I went throught the setup w/o problems, added my movies location(WD My Cloud) and tried couple of movies(via ethernet connection). I also changed the resolution of KODI into 4k (3840x2160) as the default looked weird and then I accidently switched KODI off via the icon.
Since then there is no way how to get a picture from the box. I tried several other HDMI cables, tv HDMI inputs,plug/uplug VERO Charger but all I can see on TV is the box starting up then blue screen with OSMC symbol appears for a while and that’s it. No signal message.

Can you PLS suggest how to make it run? I’m quite frustrated with the box…

Thanks

Hi

Sorry to hear this. Are you saying that you don’t get a picture when playing back content

You will need to enable the limit 422 option under Settings -> Display. This is usually needed for LG TVs which have limitations (C8 is affected). This won’t impact the picture quality.

We also recommend you leave the GUI at 1080p and enable Adjust Refresh Rate instead. We then automatically switch to 4K when appropriate

If you see the OSMC logo then a black screen, it’s possible you’ve changed the default video output mode to one your TV doesn’t support. The quickest way to reset this, given your device is not extensively configured, would be to reinstall OSMC from the Downloads page.

Sam

It’s called “Force 422 colour subsampling”
As @sam_nazarko wrote if you don’t have any display anymore it’s easiest to reinstall OSMC.
Alternatively you can access the command line and remove the file /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml.
But I wonder yow you changed the GUI as normally if the resolution is not supported it will jump back to the previous one unless you pressed a button during the black screen.

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

Hi Sam,

understood - it all points to TV unsupported mode. Will try to reinstall.

BTW: By reinstalling OSMC, should I be worried about warranty? And also what version to install is the best, I guess the latest 2020.01-1, right?

thx

Reinstalling OSMC from the website will not affect your warranty. It’s a good way to start fresh in case of any issues.

2020.01 is indeed the latest image.

You can learn more here: Reinstalling OSMC - Vero 4K - OSMC

Sam

2 fzinken: I’ll give it a try with USB keyboard. THX for a hint!

I connected Vero to my neighbor’s TV and it works perfect now! Back on my TV I enabled Force 422 colour subsampling, ticket HDP…gonna play with it a bit more now.

Thanks a lot for immediate help.

2 Likes

You’re welcome - glad this is working well now.

@sam_nazarko
Are the LG C9 models also affected?
Does enabling 4:2:2 subsampling have any drawbacks?

LG TVs seem to be pretty much universally affected. I don’t know if the C9 behaves better however.
As explained above there will be no loss in picture quality.