Vero 4K+ non responsive at large shared drive

Allright I cleared everything according Darwindesign and had to set it up for a while again, adding the NFS shares etc.
In the mean time it is busy scraping movie and TV databases. After that I will check if it is still non responsive in certain situations.

Thanks Tom and Darwin. Almost time for the next problem :slight_smile:: Why is my LAN not functioning?

What exactly do you mean by this question? Your LAN is working if it is scraping content. If you are asking why your having issues outside of the norm I would say that from what Iā€™m observing so far you are not. Your NAS wasnā€™t correctly configured to share with Kodi but you have resolved that now. You are not the first person to have issues with that end of the equation. It really isnā€™t that uncommon for people who are used to older network setups that are just completely open and had zero restrictions to hit hiccups when they start using newer software/hardware which across the board has been slowly creeping away from old insecure models. The issue with this thread is also not particularly unique for people who have made changes to source locations which is what happened in effect as you were trying different things with getting your NAS configured. I would imagine that the next challenge is going to be fixing the scraping on some of your content. I noticed their were file paths in the log that I expect to be problematic but figured we would tackle one problem at a time. If you want to get a head start there I would suggest reading the followingā€¦

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

I think you will find the more you read in Kodiā€™s wiki the easier you will find it to work out how to setup and use this type of system with the least amount of problems. I understand it can be frustrating moving from a relatively simple UPnP setup to full featured media center but the end result is a much better experience.

Hi Darwin,

I meant with LAN, the ethernet connection. Language error probably, we call it LAN in Holland.
The only connection possible is by WiFi.

For the rest, you are probably right, but it is still frustrating when you replace 1 by 1 the old media player Mede8er with a brand new Vero 4K+, it will not function properly.

I can give a list of problems which occurred, but they all have been my fault apparently. Strange thing however is that no root causes could be found for my issues. Only workarounds.

It seems to be functioning somewhat now, so no worries, my activities in this community will be severely reduced now. I hope I can still call for assistance in this community if needed in the future.

By the way, I checked the naming of files on the Wiki site and spent hours renaming my files. So I donā€™t think it is such a mess as you might think.

LAN (local area network) is basically everything on your side of your modem so a pretty broad term that encompasses both wired and wireless connections. If your saying that your ethernet connection is not working then I would suggest trying a different cable and/or plug another device (laptop for example) to verify that you do indeed have a working connection at that plug. If you still have an issue you can start a new thread for that issue. There is nothing funny about how the Vero deals with wired connections. If you have working dhcp server on your network, as you would with any consumer router using stock config, then the Vero should be plug and play with that connection.

As @darwindesign wrote check the cable and port you are connecting to.
Based on the earlier attached log your Vero doesnā€™t receive any packets.

eth0: flags=-28669<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC>  mtu 1500
        ether 90:0e:b3:35:0d:9b  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 2  bytes 680 (680.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 40

I replaced the Mede8er with the Vero and the Mede8er did not have Wifi connection, only a Gigabit ethernet connection. And the Mede8er always had Gbit connection, never had problems with connecting.

I just connected my notebook from work and it connected Gbit perfectly.

Maybe Vero is more sensitive?

I read all the posts on this support forum. Iā€™ve not seen anything that would support that conclusion. I would suggest to plug the ethernet cable into the Vero, reboot twice, and then generate full logs which you would post to a new topic regarding this issue.

This is of course after verifying that once you plug the cable back in and turn wifi off in My OSMC that it is still not functioning.

Also make sure you are not confusing the ethernet not working with your connection to your NAS not working using ethernet. Sometimes people donā€™t realize that their wifi and ethernet connections have different MAC addresses and this usually, save from some special configuration, means they get different IP addresses on these two interfaces (which they normally should). If someoneā€™s network share is configured to only allow connections from one of these interfaces then they will have issues if they move to the other.