Vero 4K+ not turning on

Oh I see, the Movies folder is within the Video folder. I thought I mounted folders.

Well you also can do that but need to start with the share :wink:

BTW I assume you can remove the vers entry

1 Like

Ok, great. Thanks for the help. So I’ve mounted my Video network share (without the vers). I can now cd to /mnt/Video and I can see the contents of that.

A few questions:

1. How to remove the other failed attempts that created /mnt/Movies (I tried umount /mnt/Movies but I get the error not mounted.
  2. Do I need to revert the install of the smbclient?
  3. How do I now use this new /mnt/Video folder within OSMC? I’m not sure where I need to go.

Many thanks

Hi,

If its not mounted, you can just remove it from fstab and remove the mount point with:

sudo rm -rf /mnt/Movies

sudo rmdir /mnt/Movies

No

Browse to: root file system, mnt, Video

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Sounds much too dangerous!
Use sudo rmdir /mnt/Movies

2 Likes

Perfect, that worked. A couple more things just to tie up things:

1. I want to change the username and password to network share as I’m a little paranoid that it has been shared on this forum to troubleshoot. How can I change the credentials used for /mnt/Video or how can I unmount it which will then allow me to re-mount with the correct credentials.

2. I have a separate issue which is, when playing back a 4K movie (using wired gigabit network and a video file size of around 15GB) picture quality is great but the motion is not very smooth. Seems to get very choppy especially during fast moving scenes. When I play the movie, it switches to 4K resolution at 24Hz. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks very much for the help

Just run umount /mnt/Video and then you can change the credentials.
BTW you also can write the credentials into a file and then use credentials=/home/osmc/.credentials in fstab to avoid sharing your credentials when sharing the fstab.

As this would be the third problem you create under your initial thread I suggest you open a new thread for that.

No problem, thank you so much for your help.