Vero 4K+ on Kodi 19 unusable after trying skins

Alright, that seems to do something. If I plug it into the white usb port, the front light turns red. But then still no signal on my TV and also nothing on my desktop. Should it pop up in Explorer like a USB drive?

If I plug in the power cable as well, the red light on the front turns off again. How should I connect it? Only by usb to my pc? Or also to the powerplug, HDMI and ethernet cable?

It should show up under Device Manager.

No new devices show up under device manager when I plug it in through USB. Same for when I also plug in the power cable. But then the red light on the front side goes out and there’s only a red light visible in the optical audio port on the backside.

Try hold a non conductive pin (toothpick) in while powering via USB. Ideally you want the red light to stay on at the front.

I tried holding a toothpick in the hole right next to the network plug untill I felt a click, while the front red light was on. But nothing happens on my PC. I don’t see anything new popup in explorer or in device manager.

And the same for when I try it while it’s connected to my TV with hdmi; it shows no signal.

It seems like the Vero is back to giving an hdmi signal to my tv again. It still only displays this error message: FATAL ERROR: could not find root filesystem device /dev/vero-nand/root

Plugging it into my PC with USB still does nothing. I also tried it with another PC, but still the same; nothing shows up in explorer or device manager.

Anything else I can do or is the device just faulty?

You need to toothpick the device when it boots.

Otherwise it will indeed not show up with anything on the PC

But at this point you should be able to do a reinstall.

I tried to reinstall through a diskimage on a usb stick but it still does nothing.
It shows: Install failed: can’t mount root

Looks like the device is faulty then?

The device tree might just be mangled. I will send you some instructions via PM shortly.

You’ll need a Windows PC.

Alright thanks for the help!

Any chance you could send me those instructions?

I’ve sent this over to you now.