Vero 4K Onkyo receiver and Optoma uhd65 settings

Hi I just change a receiver Onkyo 656 to 787 9.2 with Optoma uhd65, before I have the Vero 4K for 1080 p movies the settings on 1080 and the Optoma made the 4K change. I had the the Onkyo 4K upscaling off. Now with the new Onkyo 787 there is no option for upscaling 4K so when I have the settings on Vero 1080 the 1080 movies plays on original 1080 and not upscaling and you can see the downgrading. If change to 4 k on Vero I see some improvement. Do you thing this the best settings I can get now? Does the upscaling made the Optoma if I change the res to Vero?

Hi,

What have you got Adjust Display Refresh Rate set to?

Setting it to always or startup should make it upscale to 4k when required and you should leave the gui at 1080

Thanks Tom.

I set to always. In the previous receiver onkyo tx-nr 656 the GUI I have it 1080 and the Optoma made the 4K upscale on the 1080 movies. Now that I change the receiver to onkyo tx-nr 787 ( this receiver doesn’t have an option to deactivate the upscaling ) when I have the GUI on the vero 1080 the Optoma doesn’t upscale. The movie plays on 1080 and you can see the downgrade on the picture. If I change the GUI on 4 k you can see better picture. Maybe I have to reset the hdmi on Optoma ?

Hi,

Please provide logs showing the issue:

https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/

I suspect the receiver is preventing the correct supported displays being advertised, logs should confirm this. If thats the case, there is a workaround.

Thanks Tom.