Vero 4k OSMC remote

Hello,
My official OSMC remote isn’t working with my Vero4k. The remote still shows the blue light when a button is pressed but there is no reaction from the Vero. Luckily it’s still controllable with the Yatse remote on my tablet but would be nice to get the remote working.

I am quit unhandy with OSMC (have no knowledge of it), is there maybe a guide to the remote where there is a list of causes for a OSMC remote not working? Big chance i have accidentally switched a setting which causes the remote to not work.

Thanks!
Daan

Hi Dan

Is the USB receiver plugged in to the Vero 4K?

Sam

Hello Sam,
That might solve a lot of the questions, but unfortunately that’s not the case here its plugged in the vero :smile:
Also would like to thank you for very the great software and fast responses!
Daan

Hi Daan,

You’d be surprised.

The remote might have become desynchronised with the receiver if it only stopped working recently. Try this:

• Remove the USB from Vero 4K
  • Hold Home and OK button for 5 seconds or so, then the blue LED will keep flashing.
  • Plug in the USB receiver and the LED should flash 3 times after 5 seconds, indicating successful pairing.
  • Power off Vero 4K for 2 minutes. Turn it back on. The remote should now work
1 Like

Worked like a charm! Really impressed with this kind of support, now can go back enjoying my 4k movies! :+1:

Glad to hear it. Sometimes the remote needs repairing and can become desynchronised if it’s not used for a period of time.

That should be the “problem” indeed, i use the Yatse remote and the actual remote not so much. But great to know how to fix this!