Vero 4k - permanent red plus

Came home today to find my Vero 4k with the plus at the front lighting red. This persists even when unplugging and then re-plugging the power cable. Is there anything I can try doing or do I need a new device?

Hi,

What was the last thing you were doing with the device?
I’d recommend powering the device with another 5V, 2A power supply or via a USB-A cable

Sam

How do I do that? Where do I need to plug the USB in? I was just watching a movie and then left it on.

A USB A cable could be connected to say, a PC or laptop and then to a port on the side of the device.

Sam

I received the cable today (had to order one as I didn’t have this particular one) and using it with a spare phone charger I had made the Vero work again. Bit bummed that the power supply broke so relatively quickly but I’m glad to have a working device again. Thanks for your help.

Make sure the phone charger is providing the exact power the vero needs if it’s over or under powering the vero that will cause stability issues or in the worst case device failure.

Send an email to support@osmc.tv with your order number and a link to this thread and i’m sure they will take care of you.