Vero 4K plus overheating

I recieved my Vero yesterday love the audio and video quality but its overheating after 5 to 10 minutes it’s at 145 degrees average it cuts off and is hot to the touch I’m running a portable harddrive 2tb thru the usb…thanks in advance

145 degrees should not be possible it should auto switch off at 120 degrees

Please provide logs so that we can help you (see below)

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

URL:https://paste.osmc.tv/tajiwoyiyi

After it cuts off I have to unplug it …I hope that doesn’t effect the log

Well most of the log will be lost with a reboot. But with this log we already could get an overview. There is nothing in there that gives any indication why the system is over heating.
Is it happen randomly?
Is it related to play certain videos?

It seems random but when I scroll through my movie library is when I can make it occur it has stopped while playing also and I have seen a sad red face and a red light

Your picture show 158F (70D) which is a normal temperature. So you have seen 293F (145C) as your wrote in your first post?

No sir the highest I’ve seen was 180

180F (82c) is a total normal temperature for the Vero4k. I starts to reduce frequency above 90c and will shutdown at 120c.

So your problems must be something other than overheating.

Maybe you want to enable SSH and login from PC to see if you loose connection in the case where you have your “crash”

I’ll try to set that up …I’ve read a few post on here…do u think it could be a harddrive issue with the vero powering my usb

Possible, we always suggest either self powered drives or using a powered hub but it normally not mean a full crash.

SSH access will tell you the status

Yes – that could cause system instability.
I suggest removing the drive and seeing if the situation improves.

Purchased powered usb hub problem solved thanks guys for the help and support