Vero 4K - Reboot Loop

Hello everyone.
On wednesday (29/01), my OSMC entered on a boot reloop… I didn’t make any changes to the system (no new apps, different network, nothing).

I’m sending my logs below.
https://paste.osmc.tv/ubixiwebun

Thank you very much!

*Edit to change category and moved to Vero 4K support.

Nothing obvious from the log. Have you tried moving the ~/.kodi directory away?

Hello Sam, thank you for your reply.
I didn’t. How can I do that?
Thanks again.

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

Thanks for the reply fzinken.
I was able to follow your instructions and moved the directory.
With the clean install everything went ok, the Vero booted and stayed stable (default screen, no files or addons).
When I restored, the boot loop returned…

I uploaded new logs
https://paste.osmc.tv/sezevehipa

What can we try now?
Thanks!

That would mean that most likely one of the addons you installed causes the problem.
If you don’t want to start from scratch (recommended) then I suggest to do the move command and then just copy back the files from the userdata folder. Also maybe remove the repositories you added to your sources.xml

Well, I don’t want to start from scratch, but since it is the recommended way, I’ll follow your advice.

What is the best method to restore the Vero to factory settings and go with a clean install?

Thanks!

Edit: Okay, nevermind! I’m downloading an image file from OSMC site!
Thanks for all the help!

Actually in your situation you don’t need to start that far from scratch.
Just removing the Kodi directory as you did and start with a clean Kodi is good enough.