Vero 4K recurring Green screen issues (also CEC but think related)

Hello there,

For the past year or so I’ve been having recurring issues with my Vero 4k which is connected to my AV receiver - randomly it will either have a solid green screen - but it’ll still respond to remote input - the solution is to power cycle the device and all is normal. Other times it’ll cause havoc with the AV reciever and connected devices and require me to do all sorts of tomfoolery with unplugging/replugging HDMI cables (and keeping the vero disconnected) until finally all sorted again then need to reconnect the vero and everything is hunky dory. These issues seem to me to be completely random - they usually happen after I have gone to bed and go to look at the vero the following day only to have these issues and I’ve finally decided to actually investigate…

The issue happened at approximately 2037/2038 today (29/12/2023) and because I was able to identify the timestamp I’ve produced a log upload:

https://paste.osmc.tv/owumuzuged

which should hopefully help identify the issues. If you can provide any help at all it would be massively appreciated as sometimes it’s a colossal task to get all the handshakes working with each other!

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m not sure what the cause of this was…

2023-12-29 20:37:00.851 T:5566    error <general>: AML: no rw on /sys/module/amlvideodri/parameters/freerun_mode
2023-12-29 20:37:00.851 T:5566    error <general>: AML: no rw on /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
2023-12-29 20:37:00.851 T:5566    error <general>: AML: no rw on /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
2023-12-29 20:37:00.851 T:5566    error <general>: AML: no rw on /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
2023-12-29 20:37:00.851 T:5566    error <general>: AML: no rw on /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_prog

But perhaps @sam_nazarko does.

Can be safely ignored — just some old checks that I forgot to remove from older kernels.

Will check logs thoroughly later

Logs aren’t showing much.

Is there a specific reason you are running the GUI at 720p?
I’d run it at 1080p.

Sam

No specific reason on GUI at 720p -

I was on another source and the TV switched source to the Vero at 2038 or so - so looking at the logs i might have accidentally missed a restart perhaps?

If there are any persistent logs I’m happy to go in and recover them too to help with troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Set UI to 1080p60Hz and see how it goes from there.

Sam

Just adjusted now - I’ll let you know if the issue returns!

Unbelievably luckily from a diagnosis perspective, had a minor recurrence today!

Screen covered by a semi-transparent green almost filter. Sometimes goes more opaque than this but today semi-transparent and not causing havoc with other HDMI connected devices.

Log attached below

https://paste.osmc.tv/aqerowuqup

I assume you’ve tried with a fresh install?

You have some settings that are certainly not stock (like HPD).

As you can probably imagine there are not exact settings to look for for a situation like this and we don’t have common reports, so while I absolutely appreciate the logs, nothing is sticking out in an obvious manner.

Sam

Thanks Sam!

I’ll search up how to do a fresh install - I wasn’t even aware I had these settings enabled!

I’ll let you know if anything recurs following fresh install

Kris

You either can just reset Kodi settings

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

Or for full reinstall

Hi folks, did a fresh re-install yesterday afternoon, using the SD card method as described so a complete re-format.

Woke up this morning to green tint over screen again - logs attached: https://paste.osmc.tv/ozafekusez

@fzinken @sam_nazarko

Thanks folks!

Just to follow up - following that reboot it appeared to “Hijack” the ARC signal and required me to disconnect the HDMI and power off to allow the TV to continue sending audio to the ARC channel again… logs here:

https://paste.osmc.tv/xutarayedi

For clarity - only additional installs have been the Eminence Skin and Keymap editor

Thanks!

Hard to tell without debug logs but you seem to have some network issues with your NFS shares. I’d look at them first.