Vero 4k+ remote inop?

Hello,

I have a Vero 4k+ that doesn’t show any reaction to the included remote. I have changed the battery and repaired the remote (which went perfectly, LEDs and everything), but still no key seems to register on the Vero. The Vero does react to a 3rd party IR remote, so it seems unlikely the fault should ride with the unit itself.

My suspicion is a hardware defect with either the remote or its USB receiver. Can I verify this in any way, like e.g. connecting the receiver to a PC? Should I be able to monitor keypresses there, if the remote hardware were working?

If I order a new remote/receiver set today, will it come with the new receiver already?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

My apologies, but I’m really uncomfortable with the log feature of OSMC. I never know what is uploaded where to and how public it will be.

I’d rather try to troubleshoot this myself. Can you point me at what to look for?

You could upload just the dmesg output. This can be selected in My OSMC. I can’t see it revealing any personal information. You can review it before you send us the URL

Can’t I just attach the log to a message here?

The “upload” function seems to only support images.

PS: Ok, apparently not. So here is a link to the log:

Doesn’t look like it is being detected from that log

Thank you. I think I’ll just order a new one from the shop page; the current one has been giving me issues on and off for a while now anyway.

Is there only one common model for Vero4+ and Vero5 now, and will the newly ordered one come with a new style USB receiver already?

Yes to both.

Thank you, and have a nice weekend! :slight_smile: