Vero 4K+ several issues (SMB, DLNA, and audio)

I can only test using video right now, but I’m 100% sure its due to the frame rate switching. If I set the interface refresh rate the same as the content I don’t have the pop.

My setup simple: surround processor → power amplifiers (Hypex NC400 mono’s) + subwoofer (SVS SB2000). So the processor is putting out 2.1, but only the subwoofer was on and thus amplifying during the test. An active subwoofer is basically a passive subwoofer with a power amplifier built-in, if that makes it more clear. Normal surround receivers are surround processors and power amplifiers in single box.

In terms of HDMI, the Vero goes into the processor and from the processor it goes to the TV.

So the first suggestion would be to set channels to 2.1 instead of 7.1 in Settings->System->Audio.

Can you confirm you don’t get pops if you connect vero direct to the TV?

And have you tried setting the GUI to 1080p as suggested?

Besides Graham’s suggestions could also test the following regarding the “popping”: Enable

Settings->System->Audio->Keep Audio Device Alive

and check whether this popping noise is gone by that?
I’ve seen/heard this on an old TV and that was the solution there.

1 Like

This won’t fix it, it was the first thing I tried on my own.

I will test 1080p later today and try connecting it straight to the tv and sending audio over ARC to see what happens. This is just to test, because its not a solution (can’t send lossless surround tracks over ARC with this HDMI version).

It has has nothing to do with the 7.1 settings in OSMC, because it doesn’t know what the receiving equipment can handle. This is the way it should be setup, so my processor can do the down mixing. Besides, if the audio plays there is no issue (nor is there using the TV’s internal player).

Just to be sure: The AVX1 is on latest greatest firmware?

Indeed. Just trying to isolate the problem as between vero and AVX1 and not a problem with the vero alone (or its settings).

You can’t know that. If the output is fixed at 2.1 for both GUI and videos, there’s no need to re-set the HDMI port on a change in audio channels from stereo to, say, 5.1 or 7.1 and back. Yes, your processor may offer more flexible options for downmixing than vero but it would be useful to know if that setting got rid of the pops. And it would give you a workaround while we look for a better answer.

Is the active sub set to auto power on/off, I get a pop sometimes, if the source has no LFE such as broadcast TV the sub powers down, probably the caps discharging.