Vero 4K shut down during playback and won't turn back on

I was watching an MKV file I have on a USB stick and during playback my Vero 4K shut down. It began the reboot process and then shut down again. It started the reboot process a second time and then shut down again. Now it will not power back on and just has the red light lit up on the front. I have unplugged it and let it sit for a while, but it still does not power on. Is there any way to get it back on or is it just dead?

Press keys on remote and try other power supply

Tried both of those and neither worked.

Are you in a hot environment? It’s possible the device has overheated and shut itself down.

Can you show a photo of the alternative power supply you tried to use?

I do live in a hot environment. It’s been in the 90s (°F) the past couple weeks.

Upon reading the specs, it was the wrong type of power supply. I don’t have the right kind, but I have one on order to be delivered tomorrow. I will try again then.

Wrong about voltage or current?

Can you show a photo of the one you tried?

I tried both of these.

Plugging a 12 volt power supply into a device that is only designed to accept 5 volts is a really great way to destroy electronics. It may have been just a power supply that had died and a replacement would have gotten you working again, but that may no longer be the case after plugging in those PSU’s.

3 Likes

I received the power supplies I ordered on Amazon and they both work. My Vero 4K is back up and running. The only difference I notice is that sometimes the blue light will kind of flicker on and off.

Today might be a good day to buy a lottery ticket :grinning:

Glad it worked out for you.

1 Like

The LED is sensitive to voltage and was probably damaged. Fortunately it seems that everything else survived.