Vero 4k stuck with red light on front of device, wont power on

Hi there,

yesterday I received my Vero 4K+. If I suspend or shut down the Vero a bright red light is on. Is this normal behaviour?

Yes that is normal, red light on standby and shutdown.

Sorry reviving an old thread here – I just received a new Vero 4K+ and am using it for the first day and noticed that when I turn the TV off the red LED comes on in front of the Vero.

If I turn the tv back on the red led turns off and the OSMC is up.

But that was this morning. This evening (several hours later) I went to watch a show and it was dead until I pulled the power and restarted the unit. Power saving, screen savers, all off on the device.

I even verified the noop for the Power function on the remote.xml file is there.

Any thoughts?

Dennis

This would indicate that you have configure to put Vero to Standby when TV is switched of or when Screensaver activates. Nothing to worry there.

Was the red LED on at that time? If it happens again after you restart upload logs via MyOSMC Log Uploader and post the URL. They include the logs from previous session and might give a clue.

Hi

Probably worth checking your settings under Settings → Input → Peripherals → CEC

Cheers

Sam

Oh very nice – I totally forgot where that was as I have changed that before with my Pi.

I basically turned off all the CEC functions as I’d rather it not do those features and now the Vero seems like it stays on now after turning off the TV. Thanks for the input and suggestion, I believe this resolves it for me.

Dennis

Glad to hear this.

Cheers

Sam

For clarity, on a fresh 2021-11-2 install, I’ve noticed CEC option for the Vero4K was defaulted to suspend when TV is shut off. I set it to ignore and haven’t had an issue.